What makes a #GoodSport?
It’s been a tough year for KC, including high school athletes whose dreams have taken a detour because of the pandemic. We want to recognize those athletes who, in spite of everything, have persevered and epitomized what it means to be a #GoodSport. We’re looking for high school athletes from bowling to basketball (and every sport in between) whose character and work ethic shine on and off the team.
To honor this special class of athletes, Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs is teaming up with Sporting KC Team Captain — and former high school soccer star himself — Matt Besler. The top 10 finalists will appear in a commercial with Matt. They’ll also receive free subs for a year and Sporting KC swag. (Commercial will be filmed in a way that ensures everyone’s health and safety.)
Here’s how it works:
- High school seniors from the class of 2020 or current seniors in the class of 2021.
- Nominee must play a high school sport.
- Nominee must be the kind of person whose character shines on and off the field. We’re looking for high school athletes who would make KC proud because of their character, kindness and work ethic.
How to nominate
- Nominate a high school athlete via the form found to the right. (And we’ll send you a code for a free Goodcents sub.)
- Only those selected as finalists will be contacted by Goodcents.
- Those nominating must be willing to participate in a video call if their nominee is selected to be in the commercial.
Choosing the Good Sports
- Goodcents staff and Matt Besler will choose the 10 honorees.
- The contest will open August 31. Submissions must be received by September 13, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- Goodcents will notify honorees by September 16th. Honorees must accept by September 21, 2020.
- Finalists will need to be available to film a video from September 16 – 27.
- The commercial will debut in the Fall of 2020 on Goodcents media platforms.
Help us pay tribute to our high school athletes whose dreams have been impacted by the pandemic but, in spite of everything, continue to be a Good Sport.